Monday & Thursday 9 AM- 4PM, Tuesday & Wednesday 8 AM-4 PM,
Friday 8 AM -12PM, *Days and hours may vary *
- Anxiety/Panic symptoms
- Addictive Behaviors
- Chronic Pain
- Coaching and Consultation
- Family Issues
- Life Changing Events (i.e. college, moving, new job, etc...)
- Life Imbalance (workaholic, introversion, spiritual, sexual, health, self care)
- Marriage/Relationship dysfunction
- Military Life (Active duty and afterwards)
- Parenting Education (group and individual)
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD
- School dysfunction
- School and Career Indecision
- Stress Management
What is unique with my counseling services?
1. You can schedule your appointment as early as 8 am, to get you ready for the day
2. We can walk and talk during your session on the Montour trail, located steps from my office door, along with the option sit in my comfortable office. (Depending on You, the information we are processing, we can do both).
Insurance, Out of Network, or Private pay (self pay). Please read below for further details.
(No Medicare/Medicaid, sorry)
The real costs of using insurance FOR Therapy
- You will have a pre-existing condition on your insurance record:
In order to bill your insurance company, a therapist needs to diagnose you with a mental illness. This means that your insurance record will forever contain that information.
Given expected changes in health care laws, this will make buying health, disability, and life insurance harder and more expensive for you and your family. You will only qualify for limited, high deductible plans with high co-pays. The first phase of these restrictions is already in place.
You may be thinking, “who cares? Everything is a pre-existing condition now.” Mental health diagnoses can be treated differently. If you don’t believe that, just ask someone who is considered uninsurable due to a diagnosis they received after psychological testing. I have patients who’ve been devastated by that.
- You lose control over the confidentiality of your information:
A mental health diagnosis goes on your permanent insurance record. This record can be accessed by any insurance company or government agency during background checks.
If you need security clearance for work, want to join the military, are applying for jobs that require a criminal background check, or are involved in a Workman’s Comp case, all your mental health information can be accessed.
Finally, if you’re ever sued, the opposing party can subpoena your medical and mental health records to build a case against you. This becomes a disaster quickly in divorce cases.
- You’re less likely to be committed to the process:
Paying $100-$150 for a therapy session, sometimes weekly for months or years, can make you nauseous. However, there’s a lot of research showing that people value what they pay for. The more you pay, the more invested you are in making sure you get something out of it.
Here’s a basic example. If you’re about to pay $150 for a meal, you’re more likely to research the restaurant, get dressed up, ask the server questions, and savor each bite. How often do you do this when you pay $15 for a meal?
Therapists see the same thing all of the time. In general, people who pay out of pocket tend to be more invested in the process, are more likely to complete challenges, and are more likely to reach their clinical goals.
It’s not personal. It’s basic human behavior.
Are there exceptions? You bet. Based on what I’ve seen, it’s when people have to save and sacrifice to pay a high weekly co-pay. Again, real skin in the game equals progress.
Yes, there are exceptions
If your finances are so limited that using insurance is the only way you’ll get the therapy you need, then please do it.
If your co-pay is too high, please contact community mental health centers or university training clinics that offer discounted therapy.
Getting treatment is always the priority.
Private pay (self pay) and out of network rates
*Initial intake interview $150
*30 minutes session: $60
*45 minutes session: $80
*55 minutes session: $120
* Couples therapy 55 minutes $120
Options for (self pay only)
*75 minutes $150
*Additional time $2/Min
* Therapy via telephone: $60- 30 minute session
* Up to 90 minute session ($15 each additional 15 minute), appointment may have to be made in advance
Those seeking EMDRIA consultation please contact me directly at : email@example.com.
Cash, Check, Credit Cards :
Visa, MasterCard, American Express & Discover and Health saving cards.